Thursday, October 1, 2009

The buddha' principle - desire is the cause of suffering.

I had a sudden thought in the middle of the night one day, and I wrote this:

The buddha’s tenet seems so wrong at first glance: desire is the cause of all suffering.
Without desire, there would be no goal, and without a goal, your efforts are wasted, like running in circles.
Without the desire of finding the answer to his lack of peace, he would not have obtained enlightenment.
This leads me to think: what the Buddha meant was that the desire for petty things clouds your eyes and hides the main think you should desire for, which is moksha.

I mailed it to my friends, and their responses were varied and colorful.

I'm posting it here too, so that readers might also comment on it.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Dood, what kinda 'stuffs' are u takin'? :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you meant "talking".
    Now I realise you actually meant "Taking".
    You do not need to take psychedic stuff to write, you know...

    ReplyDelete